Sunday 26 August 2012

PHANTOM is Burning because of stupid girls that think alcohol will put out their fire.

With a friend's recommendation I decided to give PHANTOM a shot. 

Burning

To me, Burning is a pretty generic track with things I could expect from most kpop groups done relatively well. Given, their music video is pretty hilarious but I liked the fact that the group only has three members, which impresses me a lot more when the song is done well because there's less members to hide behind. Auto tune was used tastefully and you could really just hear and differentiate between the members.

As for the video, God save those easily impressionable girls who think that fires set by angsty boys can be put out by spraying alcohol on it. And to those awfully unprepared firefighters... maybe if you spent less time trying to party with pretty girls and kept yourself preparing for emergencies like these you actually would be able to help those poor burning boys.

From the rest of their EP, I highly recommend Homeground featuring Verbal Jint and Swings which is a fun 'rep where you're from' kind of track. Also, ICE is a hype track borrowing from Duck Sauce's Barbra Streisand. The rest of their tracks are more slower songs about love and stuff... which takes a lot more for me to get into so I won't say anything about them :) Although I was slightly disappointed to find that 미역국 (Seaweed Soup) was just about a girl. I thought it was going to be more of a Dynamic Duo-esque reflective song about their parents or childhood or something. But its okay because overall they sound pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment