Wednesday 18 July 2012

A review of the "Best Absolute Perfect" - No Mercy

** Yes this post is about B.A.P. but I just want to add in a kpop quickie update with Gilme's new track Like a Fool featuring Eun Ji-Won, a very nice R&B with some hip hop sound. Plus, I haven't seen Eun Ji-Won on the scene in a while so it was nice to see him. Gilme's voice is great, y'all should definitely give it listen.
Also, Boom released a new track - Let Me Play featuring Gaeko (Dynamic Duo). Boom... I felt a little annoyed by his uncertainty in performance in this song. I really would've preferred for him to go either super cool or super funny with this, but he tried to combine the two and it doesn't work for me. But he's still super cute and funny and I can bet he's going to refer to this in every TV show that he's part of so check him out!

No Mercy

Boys, boys, boys of Best Absolute Perfect. Yes, that is their full name. KOREAN BOY BAND NAMES ARE GETTING MORE AND MORE RIDICULOUS EVERY YEAR WTF IS BEST ABSOLUTE PERFECT.



Anyways, I like this song way more than their previous stuff with Warrior and Power. I'm not a fan yet - I don't know any of their names and I confused them sometimes with Block B until I realized that I liked Block B and started to pay more attention to them, but I'm definitely liking the direction that BAP's going in from their debut. And their longer-than-everyone-else's dance breaks are appreciable.

Because I am a huge fan of YG artists, I'm going to start talking about the things I've noticed in this music video to what I've already seen. Go away if you're one of those new group defenders who get offended when the work of their stylists and production team are compared to stuff that's already been done. It's inevitable in this industry.

1) TOP's Turn It Up-esque shots of random things in almost black and white. The plane, the teeth, the blinged out hammer and other accessories and etc; they all made me think back to the Turn It Up music video which is filled with similar shots to emphasize the amount of swag that boy has. I'm going to guess they were going for the same effect here.

2) Taeyang's debut hair. Cornrows with the Tupac-style bow. Same amount of laughs this time as 6 years ago when I saw it on Taeyang.

3) The hat over hood look made famous by Teddy. Not going to rag you on that, some members from Block B also worked that look on their debut stuff. It is pretty badass, I agree :)

4) That one member in a suit. PAHAHAHA.

Overall, I like this song and the music video, although the red set threw me off a little. Going from black, silver and bling to red and other bright colours is a bit too jarring of an effect. I get that you're trying to show that they got the swag but it's just too much. But keep it up BAP, I like where you're going!

No comments:

Post a Comment